Boxing day It’s a celebration Great Britain And other countries included in the British Empire. In Germany, the “Second Christmas Day” is celebrated in Central and Northern Europe. In some countries this is a public holiday. That 26. december, Every day Donation given And gifts for the poor.
The custom of celebrating today’s birth Medieval, Because it is believed after Christmas The nobles give baskets of food to their maids And the pastor revealed the beggar’s box to their church, and distributed it among the underprivileged people. Some temples open their boxes on Christmas Day. Another view is that workers carry a box on December 26 when they go to work The money deposited at the end of the day is deposited by the employer. This inheritance spreads over time The date of distribution of gifts to people in need. They are currently organized Charity events and days to meet family and friends. Employers usually give gifts to their employees.
On Christmas Day outside of traditional family gatherings or charities Is the start of the winter sale, Like black silver in the United States. When 26. december Central London was packed with people taking advantage of the sale.
Ordinary meals are usually leftovers from some kind of buffet or meal July. Some of the most popular dishes . (cooked ham), The Broken pieces (fruit tartlet with brandy butter) and Christmas Cake.
What is it like Boxing day In different countries:
- Great Britain: Servant for a long time Rich family They can leave homework and visit their family, and they bring a box of leftovers and gifts. Then people do different theatrical activities, gate show. Fox hunting is usually done by riding and herding dogs, but this tradition was banned in 2004. Hunting Law, which is considered an illegal practice. For a while, this day was similar to sporting activities such as football matches and horse racing. The event is also used for luxury activities such as swimming in the English Channel and exciting, but organized races. charity.
- Australia: It’s a holiday in this country and it’s called announcement day. Participate in various sporting events such as Rugby Match, Cricket matches or regatta of boats and sailboats.
- German: This is called vacation Second vacation Or a new celebration. Germans get together and share pancakes, fondue or meat and cheese cooked on hot grills or small stones. Many businesses are closed. Several religions participate in Mass St Stephen, Christian martyr.
- New Zealand: its day Vacation in the country, Workers are paid for extra work. Families can go to the beach or in the countryside and shop at discounted prices
- Bahamas: arrange Street parade for 7 days Ended with a New Year’s celebration. People dress up and There are regular food stalls for tasting.
- Belize: Christmas is celebrated with dancing ., which the assistants use.
Boxing Day is currently celebrated mainly in England, Canada, Trinidad and Tobago and New Zealand. Body shop and e-commerce day, Compared to black silver or black silver. Found in several countries in Europe Boxing Week or Box Week because they extend the discount period.
This is very important Great Britain Football tradition Boxing day, where they usually are Load multiple games of this game in one day Therefore, the workers enjoy the holidays when they watch their favorite team, but this year everything is in danger government. Still asking for a delay Leeds United (Team Marcelo Bylsa) And this Watford As a result of the Government Premier League (Maximum of football matches in England), after this morning’s meeting, it was agreed Stop the “Boxing Day” match of the two affected clubs. Through this way, Both Wolverhampton Wanderers-Watford and Liverpool-Leeds United scheduled for Sunday will not play..
The Premier League, for their part, explained in a statement: “The Premier League is aware of the decision to postpone these two games. When fans look forward to watching and watching a game at a certain time of year, they will be disappointed and understand their disappointment.“.
"Social media ninja. Travelaholic. Zombie trailblazer. General web maven. Amatørarrangør."
“Certified introvert. Devoted internet fanatic. Subtly charming troublemaker. Thinker.”