The relationship between money and you mental health It determines how you deal with certain types of situations, because having reserves makes it easier to meet your debts or other payments you’ve made, but what happens when your financial stability isn’t good?
According to the recommendations given by the National Association for Mental Health in the UK, you need to take it one step at a time so that it is not overwhelming to regain control of your personal finances.
How does money affect your mental health?
If you are feeling depressed, it is natural that you are not motivated and this causes poor financial management, because in this situation you will usually feel worthless.
Spending the money you have is a short-term high, so it can encourage you to spend more and feel better.
To the extent that your mental health affects your ability to work or study, it can affect your income.
If you sometimes avoid reviewing the accounts that you hold on to, you can cause debts to pile up one after the other.
If you avoid thinking about money and ignore how much you have, chances are your debt will increase or you’ll spend more.
What feelings are associated with money?
- One of the most common is guilt when shopping, even if you know you can make a purchase.
- Fear of checking balances or talking to the bank.
- Being stressed or under pressure to meet the needs of oneself or others.
- Feeling very stressed trying to understand the role of financial institutions.
- Feel tired or exhausted if you have been dealing with your financial problems for a long time.
- You may feel affected if you have experienced financial abuse in the past.
According to the specialists of the National Association for Mental Health, it is necessary to detect what feelings and emotions you have about money, because in this way you can detect behavioral patterns and control them. money.
The relationship between money and your mental health is important, as it will determine the decisions you make and the control you have over them.
Looking for more information like this? Entered into ok ik.
“Internet trailblazer. Troublemaker. Passionate alcohol lover. Beer advocate. Zombie ninja.”